Definition of end organ in English:
1 Anatomy A specialized, encapsulated ending of a peripheral sensory nerve, which acts as a receptor for a stimulus.
- This behavioral bias might result in part from a mismatch between the spectral characteristics of the advertisement call and the most sensitive frequency of the peripheral end organ implicated in reception of these sounds.
- Allergic airway inflammation is characterized by recruitment and activation of inflammatory cells as well as by increased activities of mucosal end organs.
- These end organs differ in a variety of ways, including their frequency sensitivities.
2 another term for target organ.
- Either of these receptors has an excitatory or inhibitory effect on the end organ.
- The end organ effects of hypertension, particularly in the heart, brain and kidneys, can be devastating, leading to premature coronary, cerebral or renal arteriosclerosis.
- The rest is metabolized after uptake into the end organ.
Definition of end organ in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia