Definition of end plate in English:
1A flattened piece at or forming the end of something such as a motor or dynamo: the electromagnet assembly has a detachable end plate
More example sentences
- The large end plate on the wing works like an aerodynamic brake and produces the necessary speed wash off.
- The linkage allows the spring assembly to be rigidly mounted under the bottom end plate.
- An end plate is secured to the canister at the open end and includes an inlet port and an outlet port to provide for fluid communication with a mounting adaptor of an oil circuit.
2 Anatomy Each of the discoid expansions of a motor nerve where its branches terminate on a muscle fibre.
- A perpendicular is erected from the end plate of the most caudal vertebrae, whose inferior end plate tilts maximally to the concavity of the curve (inferior end vertebrae).
- Axons travel from the neurons located in nuclei within the brain stem via the cranial nerves without synaptic interruption to the motor end plates on the striated muscle.
- This process puts greater stress on the articular cartilage of the vertebrae and their respective end plates.
Definition of end plate in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan