noun[mass noun] Medicine
- Inflammation of the endocardium.More example sentences
- Infection in this population often results in central nervous system involvement and septicemia, but may include pneumonia and endocarditis.
- Identification of the organism and treatment will prevent progression to meningitis, endocarditis or other complications.
- People with some types of heart defects are at greater risk of developing bacterial endocarditis.
More definitions of endocarditisDefinition of endocarditis in:
- The US English dictionary