- Youngsters have already come up with some of their own designs which cater for younger primary school age children up to teenagers who wanted more energetic activities.
- And those who do get into the aerobics classes are cramped into a small room, which some say is not suitable for their energetic activities.
- Is it any wonder then that the government is concerned with an obesity problem among the young when their scope for energetic activity is so severely limited?
- These voltages would also explain the radio emission from energetic electrons observed near Jupiter by the Ulysses spacecraft.
- Gamma rays are the most energetic of all electromagnetic radiation, and we have little experience with them in everyday life.
- An energetic wave is then created which allows the genetic material to enter surrounding cells
Mid 17th century (in the sense 'powerfully effective'): from Greek energētikos, from energein 'operate, work in or upon' (based on ergon 'work').
Words that rhyme with energeticaesthetic (US esthetic), alphabetic, anaesthetic (US anesthetic), antithetic, apathetic, apologetic, arithmetic, ascetic, athletic, balletic, bathetic, cosmetic, cybernetic, diabetic, dietetic, diuretic, electromagnetic, emetic, exegetic, frenetic, genetic, Helvetic, hermetic, homiletic, kinetic, magnetic, metic, mimetic, parenthetic, pathetic, peripatetic, phonetic, photosynthetic, poetic, prophetic, prothetic, psychokinetic, splenetic, sympathetic, syncretic, syndetic, synthetic, telekinetic, theoretic, zetetic
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: en¦er|get¦ic
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.