1The properties of something in terms of energy: the energetics of the molecular collisions
More example sentences
- In this section, we describe the energetics involved in ion conduction.
- This is clearly written, bringing in aspects of molecular-scale structure and function of components and energetics, set in the global context; it would serve as a good reference for students.
- But the earthquake itself - the rupture process, the energetics and the regional stress balance - do not have an equation.
2 [treated as singular] The branch of science which deals with the properties of energy and the way in which it is redistributed in physical, chemical, or biological processes.
- The leading theories of adhesion include the diffusion, electrostatic, surface energetics, and mechanical theories.
- Major research projects in the energetics and environmental medicine, and the injury sciences areas produce health risk criteria and health risk assessment methods for the this program.
- The experimental results confirm some aspects of conventional wisdom relating to dynamics and energetics, but reject others.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: en¦er|get¦ics
Definition of energetics in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.