Definition of engaging in English:
Charming and attractive: an engaging smile
More example sentences
- He must have been a very engaging speaker, a charming man.
- Never did she fail to warmly greet people with her engaging smile and lively chat.
- His engaging personality, pretty face and impressive physique make him the envy of all the other models.
charming, appealing, attractive, pretty, delightful, lovely, pleasing, pleasant, agreeable, likeable, lovable, sweet, winning, winsome, fetching, dazzling, arresting, captivating, enchanting, bewitching, alluring, irresistible, dreamy, heavenly, divine, gorgeous;
Scottish & Northern English bonny
British informal smashing
- Example sentences
- I believe that my long-standing fondness for Waugh's novels is rooted in his skill in writing so engagingly about men who find themselves on their own and, somehow, out of place.
- Green and fertile with magnificent valleys, dramatic mountainous terrain, and a rich cultural history, the island is engagingly picturesque.
- That feeling that I've discerned something about what's happening in the world and successfully and engagingly written about it.
Pronunciation: /ɪnˈɡeɪdʒɪŋli/ /ɛnˈɡeɪdʒɪŋli/adverb
Words that rhyme with engagingaging, staging
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.