- They allegedly spent the money on watching three movies and enjoying a sumptuous dinner.
- She was in great form that day and enjoyed the occasion and meeting up with many of her old friends.
- This gives them their only opportunity to enjoy the occasional meal out or a drink with friends.
- The weather was beautiful, hopefully the first of many such pleasant days enjoying ourselves this week.
- This also means they will probably be buried in books while others are enjoying themselves at parties.
- All agreed it was a beautiful ceremony and those who watched it live enjoyed themselves immensely until the early hours.
- When you go to the rental store this weekend, try one of these. Enjoy!
- Midterm break is on Mondayenjoy!
- We in this generation are enjoying the benefits of many inventions of the past for little or no money.
- She no longer enjoys the benefit of a legal aid certificate.
- An additional advantage is that it now enjoys the benefit of fuel-efficiency.
- Example sentences
- It was playing host to an international conference of enjoyers of life, consultants in the seizing of the moment before it passes.
- They represent a fair exchange between the player and the listener, the worker and the enjoyer of the work - if, of course, the band gets the revenue.
- Like me, he was a disillusioned cynic, enjoyer of beer and a great admirer of a pretty face.
Late Middle English: from Old French enjoier 'give joy to' or enjoïr 'enjoy', both based on Latin gaudere 'rejoice'.
joy from Middle English:
Joy is from Old French joie, based on Latin gaudium, from gaudere ‘rejoice’. In rejoice (Middle English) the re- makes the sense more intense; enjoy (Late Middle English) comes from the Old French enjoier ‘give joy to’.
Words that rhyme with enjoyahoy, alloy, Amoy, annoy, boy, buoy, cloy, coy, destroy, employ, Hanoi, hoi polloi, hoy, Illinois, joy, koi, oi, ploy, poi, Roy, savoy, soy, tatsoi, toy, trompe l'œil, troy
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: enjoy
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.