(US also entameba)
noun (plural entamoebae /-biː/ or entamoebas)
- An amoeba that typically lives harmlessly in the gut, though one kind can cause amoebic dysentery.
More example sentences
- Genus Entamoeba, phylum Rhizopoda, kingdom Protista
- It occurs when a person eats or swallows something that has been infected with the entamoeba histolytica parasite.
- This is then viewed under a microscope to look for the entamoeba histolytica parasite.
- The causative organism responsible for the disease is entamoeba histolytica which exists in the human colon in two forms: motile trophozoile; and non-motile cyst.
modern Latin, from Greek entos 'within' + amoeba.
More definitions of entamoebaDefinition of entamoeba in:
- The US English dictionary