Definition of enuresis in English:
noun[mass noun] Medicine
Involuntary urination, especially by children at night: nocturnal enuresis can be due to a urinary tract infection
More example sentences
- Bedwetting, called enuresis, is the involuntary discharge of urine during sleep.
- For some young children bladder control is more difficult to achieve at night - enuresis, commonly known as bed-wetting, has been discussed by physicians since the days of Galen and Hippocrates.
- Other surveys have found that children with nocturnal enuresis are more subject to ‘confused awakenings,’ such as night terrors or sleepwalking, than children who do not wet the bed.
- Example sentences
- Hence, 8 percent of 12-year-old boys and 4 percent of 12-year-old girls are enuretic; only 1 to 3 percent of adolescents are still wetting their bed.
- Both the screening instruments did not pick up enuresis as a disorder, though on clinical assessment 5 of 76 screen negative children were diagnosed to be enuretic.
- Achieving continence is also maturational, and children who lag developmentally at one and three years of age are more likely to be enuretic at age six.
Pronunciation: /ˌɛnjʊəˈrɛtɪk/adjective& noun
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan