noun (plural eparchies)
- A province of the Orthodox Church.More example sentences
- Of the 195 U.S. dioceses and eparchies (Eastern Rite dioceses), 194 took part in the audit and 181 participated in the survey.
- Seven dioceses and eparchies, which are dioceses of the Eastern Catholic Churches, were not in compliance by year's end.
- It is the first report card on how each U.S. diocese or eparchy is carrying out the bishops' 2002 Charter.
late 18th century: from Greek eparkhia, from eparkhos (see eparch).
More definitions of eparchyDefinition of eparchy in:
- The US English dictionary