Definition of Ephemeroptera in English:
1.1 (ephemeroptera) Insects of the order Ephemeroptera; mayflies: various species of ephemeroptera
More example sentences
- Stomach contents were examined with a dissecting microscope; [greater than] 99% of the enumerated prey were diptera larvae, ephemeroptera larvae, copepods, cladocera, and cyprinid fish.
- Every species of ephemeroptera may be distinguished by its genitalia.
- In 1994, zooplankton still dominated diets in August, whereas macroinvertebrates, mainly small chironomids and small Ephemeroptera, were dominant prey in August 1995 and 1996.
- ephemeropteran noun& adjective
- Example sentences
- These aquatic larvae, often ephemeropterans or dipterans, are readily available in the lower water column and interstitial spaces that these juveniles inhabit.
- They are the ephemeropteran equivalents of theology.
Modern Latin (plural), from Ephemera (genus name) + pteron 'wing'.
Definition of Ephemeroptera in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.