- A lustrous yellow-green crystalline mineral, common in metamorphic rocks. It consists of a basic, hydrated silicate of calcium, aluminium, and iron.More example sentences
- Along the contact zone the limestones were recrystallized into a cloudy white, massive calcite containing grossular, epidote, magnetite, quartz, and tremolite.
- Iron was remobilized and limned specular hematite, along with epidote, actinolite/tremolite, and andradite.
- These crystals are associated with chalcopyrite, galena, quartz, calcite, epidote, and chlorite.
early 19th century: from French épidote, from Greek epididonai 'give additionally' (because of the length of the crystals).
More definitions of epidoteDefinition of epidote in:
- The US English dictionary