noun[treated as singular] Biology
- The study of changes in organisms caused by modification of gene expression rather than alteration of the genetic code itself: epigenetics has transformed the way we think about genomesMore example sentences
- The interdisciplinary team led by Dr. Feinberg, who has pioneered the study of epigenetics in cancer, will develop tools to create comprehensive, genome-wide information about epigenetics and then apply that information to the study of autism and bipolar disorder.
- Epigenetics could re-write the rule book on how we treat the disease.
- The Harvard center will strive to develop new technologies for genomic molecular imaging, while the Johns Hopkins center will be devoted to advancing the emerging field of epigenetics.
More definitions of epigeneticsDefinition of epigenetics in:
- The US English dictionary