- 1 Medicine Excessive watering of the eye.More example sentences
- The eye is the most sensitive organ in riot control because CS causes epiphora, blepharospasm, a burning sensation, and visual problems.
- This results in tears pooling in the cul-de-sac produced by the lower lid ectropion and resultant epiphora.
- These tumours tend to go unnoticed until obstruction or compression of structures occurs, resulting in symptoms such as diplopia, epiphora or nasal obstruction.
- 2 Rhetoric another term for epistrophe.
late 16th century (in sense 2): via Latin from Greek epi 'upon' + pherein 'to bear or carry'.
More definitions of epiphoraDefinition of epiphora in:
- The US English dictionary