Definition of episcopalian in English:
nounBack to top
1.1 (Episcopalian) A member of the Episcopal Church.
- Perhaps most important, in many urban and rural areas where churches are struggling, Episcopalians and Lutherans will be able to have joint congregations served by a pastor or priest of either body.
- Late eighteenth- and nineteenth-century Episcopalians searched the early Church for examples to prove to Baptists that infant baptism was ancient and proper.
- This summer, Episcopalians, United Methodists and Presbyterians will take up the issue at their individual conventions.
- Example sentences
- However, I think his son converted to episcopalianism (if that can be called a ‘conversion’).
- Anglican High Churchmen referred - sometimes enviously - to the relative autonomy of non-established Scottish episcopalianism.
Definition of episcopalian in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia