Definition of epitaxy in English:
noun[mass noun] Crystallography
The natural or artificial growth of crystals on a crystalline substrate that determines their orientation.
- Maintaining tight control over layer thickness throughout the lengthy low-pressure metalorganic vapor phase epitaxy growth process is one of the biggest challenges.
- To build the 0.5-mm x 0.3-mm x 0.1-mm laser chip, the group deposited various layers onto the SiC substrate using metal-oxide vapor phase epitaxy.
- Then, because the fluorite crystals that are defined by dark color zoning are wedge shaped and depart from parallelism with pyrite crystals by varying degrees, I concluded that epitaxy did not appear possible.
- Example sentences
- An assistant professor in the applied physics and physics departments at Yale University has been recognized for ‘pioneering work on epitaxial complex oxide thin film heterostructures.’
- It is plausible that the solid glass support, which is not flat on the molecular scale, will cause epitaxial coupling that affects the overlaying lipid molecules.
- A particular feature of this new process is that the N type epitaxial layer that is grown over the P + layer is only about half the thickness of its counterpart in the conventional device.
Definition of epitaxy in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan