- 1.2 (Epsilon) [followed by Latin genitive] Astronomy The fifth star in a constellation: Epsilon CarinaeMore example sentences
- The most likely destinations are the stars closest to Earth, such as Alpha Centauri and Proxima Centauri, Tau Ceti, and Epsilon Eridani.
- The star Epsilon Eridani, 10 light years from Earth, was then found to have exactly the disc clumps predicted by the computer models.
- The University of Texas team found a planet similar in size to Jupiter about 10.5 light years away from Earth orbiting the star Epsilon Eridani, a star very similar to the sun.
symbolBack to top
Greek, 'bare or simple E', from psilos 'bare'.
More definitions of epsilonDefinition of epsilon in:
- The US English dictionary