- The skill or sport of horse riding. As an Olympic sport it is divided into three categories: showjumping, dressage, and three-day eventing (combining showjumping, dressage, and cross-country riding).More example sentences
- Visitors were treated to displays of equestrianism, ranging from show-jumping to a Shetland Pony Grand National, livestock, pole-climbing and even terrier racing.
- The British Horse Society welcomes recognition at national level of the value of equestrianism to the rural economy, and the proposed help for farmers who want to diversify.
- Racing and equestrianism are the only professional worldwide sports in which men and women compete against each other on an equal basis.
More definitions of equestrianismDefinition of equestrianism in:
- The US English dictionary