noun (plural equiseta /-tə/ or equisetums)Botany
A plant of a genus that comprises the horsetails.
- Genus Equisetum, family Equisetaceae
More example sentences
- Give the child lots of warm herb teas, especially horsetail (equisetum), which cleanses the kidneys.
- Horsetails or equisetum can be your nightmare if you have recently laid tarmacadam.
- The pond is planted with equisetum, irises, and other water lovers.
modern Latin, from Latin equus 'horse' + saeta 'bristle'.
More definitions of equisetumDefinition of equisetum in:
- The US English dictionary