- A plant of the genus Erica (family Ericaceae), especially (in gardening) heather.More example sentences
- The Cape area has the responsibility of caring for the endemic fynbos species, with the illegal harvesting of proteas and ericas to supply the cut flower market being a major concern.
- Heathers include pale pink erica canaliculata and the luminous yellow ericanana.
- You seldom see heather indoors, but right now in my living room a specimen of the stately erica hyemalis with its bottle-brush spikes of lilac-pink flowers looks handsome in a terracotta pot.
modern Latin, from Greek ereikē.
More definitions of ericaDefinition of erica in:
- The US English dictionary