Definition of erotomania in English:
1Excessive sexual desire.
- Changes in sexual behavior, though uncommon, have been seen in patients with epilepsy, including hypersexuality, pansexuality, erotomania, sexual paranoia, exhibitionism, and fetishism.
- I mean, I don't have to worry about the kinds of tricky situations that erotomania would lead me into, and I don't have to fear the damage that kleptomania or pyromania might cause me to inflict.
- Thus, it's easier to sort for little things like erotomania, or a pathological inability to communicate.
1.1 Psychiatry A delusion in which a person (typically a woman) believes that another person (typically of higher social status) is in love with them.
- Houran's studies indicate that the most deeply obsessed also show signs of erotomania, the delusion of having a love affair with an unattainable or uninterested person.
- In the run-up to her death psychiatrists deemed she suffered from a condition known as erotomania in which people believe others to be in love with them.
- A woman masquerades as a doctor, but is stalking a male staff member as part of a delusion of erotomania.
- Example sentences
- To prepare, Tautou read a medical study of erotomaniacs: people who love excessively.
- An erotomaniac, Duperret spends most of the play trying to get his hands on Charlotte, a narcoleptic, who sleepily fends off his ham-handing (when she's not unconscious).
- Davenport is a cameo, a supporting erotomaniac.
Definition of erotomania in:
- US English dictionary