- (Of a bacterial toxin) causing inflammation and reddening of the skin: erythrogenic toxin is responsible for the rash of scarlet feverMore example sentences
- The pyrogenic exotoxins, also known as erythrogenic toxins, are responsible for the rash of scarlet fever.
- Investigators substantiated the role of erythrogenic toxins in the pathogenesis of scarlet fever by demonstrating that antitoxin antisera decreased both the morbidity and mortality associated with this disease.
- Most common between one and 10 years of age, scarlet fever usually follows an acute infection of the tonsils or skin by group A beta-hemolytic streptococci that produce an erythrogenic exotoxin.
More definitions of erythrogenicDefinition of erythrogenic in:
- The US English dictionary