- A feeling of pride and mutual loyalty shared by the members of a group: they developed some esprit de corps through athletics competitions [count noun]: to have an esprit de corps is important for any choirMore example sentences
- They should help build teamwork, esprit de corps and unit pride.
- Just as sharing information can build esprit de corps, withholding it can severely depress morale.
- He said the main factors that attract people to submarines are the camaraderie or esprit de corps and the opportunity to assume a high level of responsibility at a relatively young age and rank.
French, literally 'spirit of the body'.
More definitions of esprit de corpsDefinition of esprit de corps in:
- The US English dictionary