1The seventh letter of the Greek alphabet (Η, η), transliterated as ‘e’ or ‘ē’.
- This complex contains eight different homologous subunits, alpha, beta, gamma, delta, epsilon, zeta, eta, and theta.
- The squads had been organized into Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Delta, Epsilon, Zeta, Eta and Theta.
1.1 (Eta) [followed by Latin genitive] Astronomy The seventh star in a constellation: Eta Carinae
More example sentences
- This region, about 8000 light-years from Earth, is located near to the famous explosive variable star Eta Carinae, which lies just outside the field of view toward the upper right.
- The striking picture reveals an eclectic mix of embryonic stars living in the tattered neighborhood of one of the most famous massive stars in our Milky Way galaxy, Eta Carinae.
- Researchers using NASA's Far Ultraviolet Spectroscopic Explorer satellite have made the first ever direct observation of Eta Carinae's companion star.
From Greek ēta.
Words that rhyme with etaAkita, Anita, arboreta, beater, beta, Bhagavadgita, cheater, cheetah, Demeter, Dieter, dolce vita, eater, Evita, excreta, fetor, granita, greeter, heater, Juanita, litre (US liter), Lolita, maltreater, margarita, meter, metre, Peta, praetor (US pretor), repeater, Rita, saltpetre (US saltpeter), secretor, Senhorita, señorita, Sita, skeeter, teeter, terra incognita, theta, treater, tweeter, ureter, veleta, zeta
Basque acronym, from Euzkadi ta Azkatasuna 'Basque homeland and liberty'.
Definition of eta in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.