The scientific description of peoples and cultures with their customs, habits, and mutual differences.
- This book is an important contribution to Melanesian ethnography and anthropology.
- We have so much yet to learn from anthropology and ethnography, cognitive psychology, and, yes, even graphic art.
- He supported research not only in the natural sciences, but also in anthropology and ethnography.
- Example sentences
- Ad agencies are hiring anthropologists and ethnographers to study and film consumers in their natural environments to see what they really eat, drink, and buy.
- He is always at pains to point out that the English terms and categories used by ethnographers do not necessarily reflect adequately the ways Polynesians themselves categorised their world.
- Many ethnographers have noted the importance of food and drink for maintaining familiar forms and social networks among immigrant populations.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: eth|nog¦raphy
Definition of ethnography in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.