noun[mass noun] Chemistry
A colourless flammable liquid hydrocarbon, used in the manufacture of styrene.
- Chemical formula: C6H5C2H5
More example sentences
- These conditions also minimized the production of benzene, toluene, ethylbenzene, and methylstyrene but increased the oil yield, which exceeded 95% by weight.
- For example, if equimolar amounts of benzene and ethylbenzene are treated with a small amount of nitric acid (a nitrating reagent) about 25 times more nitroethylbenzene is produced than nitrobenzene.
- For example, benzene and ethyl bromide can be use to make ethylbenzene.
Definition of ethylbenzene in:
- The US English dictionary