Definition of euglenoid in English:
A flagellated single-celled organism of a group that comprises euglena and its relatives.
- Division (or phylum) Euglenophyta
- Group B therefore included all members of the Alveolata (ciliates, dinoflagellates, and apicomplexans) and the Discicristata (euglenoids and trypanosomatids) as well as the Heterokontophyta and green algae/plants.
- Group II introns are found in the mitochondria of plants and Fungi and the chloroplasts of euglenoids and algae, as well as in Bacteria such as Cyanobacteria and Proteobacteria.
- Endosymbiosis of green algal unicells with two different heterotrophs led to euglenoids and to chlororachniophytes.
adjectiveBack to top
1Relating to euglenoids.
- Up to 15 species of unicellular eukaryotes, including ciliates, testaceans, green algae, and euglenoid cells, are found as syninclusions with it.
Definition of euglenoid in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan