Having an equal number of all the chromosomes of the haploid set.
More example sentences
- The pilot study shows that in vitro grown and matured oocytes from preantral follicles that progress to metaphase II possess euploid numbers of chromosomes.
- When colonies are formed, the resulting cells tend to have euploid genomes derived from the aneuploid state by chromosome loss.
- Aneuploid pollen grains compete poorly with euploid pollen and so aneuploidies are eliminated when propagated through the male.
- More example sentences
- Although trisomic plants segregate for only two genetic conditions, euploidy and hyperploidy, the system is simpler to use than B-A translocations.
- To obtain a more precise determination of genome size in some of these lines, multiple individuals from a few of the lines with genome content values furthest from euploidy were grown and their genome size was determined.
Definition of euploid in:
- The US English dictionary