A mammal of the major group Eutheria, which excludes the marsupials and monotremes.
- Attempts to resolve the relationships of Xenarthra and Pholidota to other eutherian mammals have not yet been exhausted.
- Hypertrophied upper canines which occur in the paratype, have never previously been recorded in kangaroos and represent an example of evolutionary convergence between these herbivorous marsupials and ungulate eutherians.
- Using stem-based definitions (and the respective terms Metatheria and Eutheria), generally-accepted eutherians are now known from the late Early Cretaceous of both Asia and North America.
Relating to or denoting eutherians.
- Several explanations have been proposed for the acquisition of genomic imprinting in eutherian mammals.
- To conclude, obtaining more data for mammalian groups has given the major gain in understanding eutherian evolution.
- Phylogenetic trees depicting relationships among 16 eutherian orders are presented.
Definition of eutherian in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.