Definition of evildoer in English:
A person who commits profoundly immoral and wicked deeds: his concept of justice demanded vengeance against evildoers
More example sentences
- It's a dangerous world out there; hordes of fanatical evildoers are bent on committing unspeakable crimes against us.
- He could often solve murders before they occurred: it then became merely a matter of stationing an officer where he could observe the foul deed and apprehend the evildoer.
- At last, humanity has a ready means of putting pathological liars and other disparate evildoers under the collective microscope of blogdom every time they try it again.
wrongdoer, transgressor, criminal, delinquent, offender, villain, black hat, malefactor, reprobate, scoundrel, rogue, sinner, sinful person, wicked person, evil person, bad person
informal baddy, bad guy, crook, crim, wrong 'un, ne'er-do-well, nasty piece of work, ratbag, scumbag, bad egg
- Example sentences
wrongdoing, wrong, badness, bad, evil, sin, sinfulness, immorality, iniquity, turpitude, vileness, baseness, corruption, depravity, villainy, nefariousness, atrocity, malevolence, devilishnessLaw malfeasance
- Corporate evildoing is not exceptional behaviour: rather, it is the norm.
- As of now I have no evidence of their evildoing, so their only real crime was entering my zone of consciousness.
- But the uncertain fate of the third group raised a much more general question: are people who keep silent in the face of evildoing - for all that they themselves do not participate in it - to be reckoned among the damned or the saved?
Definition of evildoer in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan