- 1 short for examination ( sense 2). he was likely to fail his exams again [as modifier]: exam resultsMore example sentences
- The one upcoming thing I have is on Friday I'm going to get the results of the exams I took in January.
- Students at Wyke College in Hull are still waiting for the correct results of exams they sat last summer.
- Problems with the exams could mean results being delayed for both GCSEs and A-levels.
- 2 [with adjective or noun modifier] North American A medical test of a specified kind: routine eye examsMore example sentences
- This is what she had written on that questionnaire ages ago after her medical exam.
- Some insurers and banks are needlessly holding up the process with medical exams.
- There was no attempt to question that, no requirement for him to have a medical exam or attend for a re-test.