Extremely good; outstanding: the lorry was in excellent condition their results are excellent
More example sentences
- In fairness, the pitch has seen some serious work on it and is in excellent condition.
- For man is made to the image of God, which condition is undoubtedly most excellent.
- He looks very strong in defence and should prove an excellent asset and the first class centre.
very good, superb, outstanding, magnificent, of high quality, of the highest quality, of the highest standard, exceptional, marvellous, wonderful, sublime, perfect, eminent, pre-eminent, matchless, peerless, supreme, first-rate, first-class, superior, superlative, splendid, admirable, worthy, sterling, fine
informal super, A1, ace, great, terrific, tremendous, fantastic, fab, supercalifragilisticexpialidocious, top-notch, tip-top, class, awesome, magic, wicked, cool, out of this world, too good to be true, mind-blowing
North American informal badass
North American informal , dated swell
vulgar slang shit hot
exclamationBack to top
- More example sentences
- Overall it was a wonderful weekend of racing which was excellently organised and ran off by Sue Phelan and her team.
- The locations are excellently chosen if you are a typical ANC voter, I note.
- The themes which run through the comedy are excellently drawn out in a production which is both thought-provoking and entertaining.