- The action of excising something: the excision of the carcinomaMore example sentences
- All excised tissues were frozen in liquid nitrogen immediately after excision and kept at - 80°C for later analysis.
- Wound excision involves removal of dead and contaminated tissue that, if left, would become a medium for infection.
- A cancer, in the medicine of the time, could be eliminated only through excision.
- More example sentences
- For many years, burn reconstructive surgery comprised incisional or excisional releases of scars and skin autografting.
- These conditions make excisional surgery impossible for a large percentage of patients.
- A 51-year-old woman underwent an excisional breast biopsy following detection of abnormal calcifications on a routine mammogram.
More definitions of excisionDefinition of excision in:
- The US English dictionary