- Causing great enthusiasm and eagerness: one of the most exciting matches I’ve ever seenMore example sentences
thrilling, exhilarating, stirring, rousing, stimulating, intoxicating, electrifying, invigorating, moving, inspiring; gripping, compelling, sensational, powerful, dramatic, shocking, startling, hair-raising, explosive, knife-edge, cliffhanging• informal mind-blowingNorth American • informal stem-winding
- I'm making this sound more exciting than it actually is.
- They are not deficit driven, and they are finding the opportunities most exciting.
- The most exciting prospect in British football has been hampered by injury for years now.
- More example sentences
- But that this throwaway proposal has been excitingly supported by environmentalists is evidence that environmentalists are dumping their prejudices with consumption and growth onto China.
- When we bought our house, it came with many things (an excitingly explosive stove, for example) - but a properly-fenced boundary wasn't one of them.
- The shadow of the Major-Currie affair falls across Blackpool, where suddenly even the least glamorous are excitingly scented with the pheromone of power.