Extremely bad or unpleasant: execrable cheap wine
More example sentences
- Needless to say, one critic called the show ‘the most disgusting and execrable series ever to ooze its way onto television.’
- This week alone I've come across four sensationally good bottles which show up the execrable wines for what they are.
- And the execrable theme-song has been revamped from its elevator-metal original version to a new Love Boat stylee quasi-orchestral rendition.
disgusting, deplorable, disgraceful, reprehensible, shameful, abominable, abhorrent, loathsome, odious, heinous, hateful, detestable, despicable, foul, vile, scandalous, contemptible, repugnant, repellent, revolting, unspeakable, wretched
informal abysmal, diabolical, shocking, rotten, woeful, lousy, dire, the pits, God-awful, tenth-rate
British informal chronic, pants, a load of pants
- Example sentences
- I won't give any dosh to these blasted strikers, because, as far as I can see, they are being execrably led, haven't had a proper ballot and are plainly trying to bring down the elected government of the country.
- That isn't to say that if someone writes execrably, that I have the time to read them.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: exe|crable
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.