Definition of executable in English:
(Of a file or program) able to be run by a computer.
- But because they contain instructions for a computer's processor, executable files are less forgiving of tampering.
- Sophos said users should routinely delete unsolicited emails containing executable files.
- Documents, pictures and even executable programs are easy to conceptualize as files on your hard disk.
nounBack to top
An executable file or program.
- Having identified a PC, the client agent then performs a full audit of the machine, recording everything from the serial number to a complete list of all software executables and file types located on the hard disk.
- There's little legitimate reason to send executables or screensavers via email but these routes of distribution are frequently used by virus writers.
- Business users are advised to filter for Windows executables and zip files in their email.
Definition of executable in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia