- Heralded the most valuable natural object in existence, on a weight to weight basis, experts believe that the diamond is the only one of its kind.
- He was called away from temporal existence on November 12.
- In fact, this arrangement may be the only one in existence anywhere in the United States.
- The Jewish working class, not entirely without reason, identified its own survival with the continued existence of this state.
- The commercial director has been charged with the job of getting the club's finances back in order with the serious situation threatening its very existence.
- It's not a threat to national security, it's not threatening the continued existence of Australia as a nation state, or anything like that.
- After living on a commune, he and his wife moved to Burlington, joining so many other back-to-the-landers looking to flee their harried urban existences.
- The reward for the risk taken pays rent, feeds children, and supports a subsistence level existence.
- An odd sort of surrealness has glazed over the events of the past two weeks as I continue my relatively peaceful existence on my college campus.
- The purpose of such rites is to separate people from a previous existence.
- Both could recall memories of previous existences on Earth and indeed this idea is a very natural one given the cyclical nature of time as observed in the seasons and years.
- In previous existences, this electronic engineer brought cable TV to Sligo and helped get Sligo airport off the ground.
- I don't know, and don't care, because in either case it does not affect my reality and my place in existence.
- Eventually the stars would burn out and a curtain of frozen darkness would enshroud all existence.
- There is no limit to the ever-increasing number of deified existences.
Late Middle English: from Old French, or from late Latin existentia, from Latin exsistere 'come into being', from ex- 'out' + sistere 'take a stand'.
Words that rhyme with existenceassistance, coexistence, consistence, distance, insistence, outdistance, persistence, resistance, subsistence
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: ex¦ist|ence
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.