Definition of exoneration in English:
1The action of officially absolving someone from blame; vindication: the defendants' eventual exoneration
More example sentences
- Fifteen years later, Rangel is still seeking exoneration.
- In 1999, the Innocence Project analyzed 62 exonerations in the United States.
- The question is how the exoneration of convictions should be carried out.
2The release of someone from a duty or obligation.
- In practice, cases where ex-gratia compensation is paid on grounds other than serious default or complete exoneration will be very rare.
- In that sense, the entitlement to reimbursement or exoneration confers a priority in the further administration of the trust.
- With this realization will hopefully come progress towards your exoneration.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan