- A planet which orbits a star outside the solar system.More example sentences
- Nevertheless, this unique observing technique opens a new phase in the exploration of exoplanets, or extrasolar planets, say astronomers.
- The possible exoplanet is orbiting a star known as GQ Lup, thought to be similar to our own Sun, when it was younger.
- Many of these exoplanets are large planets that resemble the gas giants of our solar system: Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune.
More definitions of exoplanetDefinition of exoplanet in:
- The US English dictionary