- (In double refraction) the light ray that does not obey the ordinary laws of refraction. Compare with ordinary ray.More example sentences
- The crystals are also idealized by assuming that no incident photon is absorbed, but each emerges in either the ordinary or the extraordinary ray.
- He cited as an example Huygens's hypothesis that the extraordinary ray in doubly-refracting Iceland spar is propagated elliptically.
- Thus, a straightforward new technique is demonstrated for determining the extraordinary-ray absorption coefficient.
More definitions of extraordinary rayDefinition of extraordinary ray in:
- The US English dictionary