Definition of extraterrestrial in English:
Of or from outside the earth or its atmosphere: searches for extraterrestrial intelligence
More example sentences
- I suggest that green fireballs may be extraterrestrial probes entering our atmosphere.
- A former teacher founded the cult in 1969 and claimed to have shielded earth from extraterrestrial invasion on numerous occasions.
- The researchers still didn't detect extraterrestrial microorganisms on Earth.
nounBack to top
A hypothetical or fictional being from outer space.
- Mars has long been considered not only difficult to explore but alluring, given its reputation as the most likely spot in the solar system to harbor extraterrestrials.
- While science fiction routinely describes face-to-face encounters with intelligent aliens, it may be that we will never actually meet extraterrestrials.
- The two principal alternatives to the explanation that crop circles are made by humans are that they are made by extraterrestrials, or that they are made naturally by wind vortices.
Definition of extraterrestrial in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan