The pseudoscientific principle that life will expand indefinitely and in an orderly, progressive way throughout the entire universe by the means of human intelligence and technology: a subculture of technocrats thriving in the US calls the life force ‘extropy’
More example sentences
- The Principles of Extropy first took shape in the late 1980s to outline an alternative lens through which to view the emerging and unprecedented opportunities, challenges, and dangers.
- Extropy means designing and managing technologies not as ends in themselves but as effective means for improving life.
extropian adjective& noun
- Example sentences
- Another definition is used by extropians, who say it denotes ‘the singular time when technological development will be at its fastest.’
- The extropians, transhumanists and futurists have joined the fray and they are being aided by the likes of the Institute for Accelerating Change in Los Angeles.
- I've been browsing transhumanist and extropian websites a bit today, mainly inspired by reading Warren Ellis columns, as these seem to be things Warren Ellis likes a lot.
For editors and proofreaders
Line breaks: ex|tropy
Definition of extropy in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.