Definition of extropy in English:
The pseudoscientific principle that life will expand indefinitely and in an orderly, progressive way throughout the entire universe by the means of human intelligence and technology: a subculture of technocrats thriving in the US calls the life force ‘extropy’
More example sentences
- The Principles of Extropy first took shape in the late 1980s to outline an alternative lens through which to view the emerging and unprecedented opportunities, challenges, and dangers.
- Extropy means designing and managing technologies not as ends in themselves but as effective means for improving life.
extropian adjective& noun
- Example sentences
- Another definition is used by extropians, who say it denotes ‘the singular time when technological development will be at its fastest.’
- The extropians, transhumanists and futurists have joined the fray and they are being aided by the likes of the Institute for Accelerating Change in Los Angeles.
- I've been browsing transhumanist and extropian websites a bit today, mainly inspired by reading Warren Ellis columns, as these seem to be things Warren Ellis likes a lot.
Definition of extropy in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan