Definition of extrovert in English:
1An outgoing, socially confident person.
- Are there canny advantages to being socially averse that the extroverts among us never see?
- The extroverts need to socialize, the introverts dread it.
- Also, I don't think that it's safe to assume that extroverts have particularly effective social skills.
1.1 Psychology A person predominantly concerned with external things or objective considerations. Compare with introvert.
- Researchers measured extraversion and introversion among participants with a standard questionnaire and then compared extraverts to introverts by correlating the extraversion score to the strength of the positive-affect boost.
- Background music can help extroverts focus, but tends to torment introverts.
- Interestingly, the biggest liars were extroverts.
adjectiveBack to top
Relating to, denoting, or typical of an extrovert: his extrovert personality made him the ideal host
More example sentences
- I also worked with the costume designer, the make-up girl and the hairdresser to define a look that matched Julie's extrovert personality.
- A very jolly extrovert personality, Eileen enjoys the social aspect of the game and she is hugely popular with her sporting friends.
- Even the most extrovert social butterfly sometimes needs to flutter away from the public gaze.
- Example sentences
- Five major personality traits - conscientiousness, agreeableness, neuroticism, openness and extraversion - continue to evolve as people age.
- He gave transcripts of these chat-room discussions to a new group of students and asked them to rate specific individuals' behavioral traits such as extraversion, openness and neurosis.
- It is generally accepted that the traits of neuroticism, extraversion, openness, agreeableness, and conscientiousness represent the core components of personality.
- Example sentences
- At times you are extroverted, affable, sociable, while at other times you are introverted, wary and reserved.
- Or maybe he was just the most extroverted and exuberant.
- On every side we are urged to be as extraverted and as uninhibitedly greedy as possible since it is only the restless and distracted who spend money on the things that advertisers want to sell.