- The cavity in the skull which encloses an eyeball with its surrounding muscles. Also called orbit.More example sentences
- Four muscles pull each eyeball straight back into the eye socket, shortening the eyeball.
- Also very rarely, sinusitis can spread to form a pocket of pus in an eye socket, the brain or a facial bone.
- I was just pressing the shutter button when the camera smashed bluntly, sharply into the bones surrounding my right eye socket.
More definitions of eye socketDefinition of eye socket in:
- The US English dictionary