Definition of eye tooth in English:
A canine tooth, especially one in the upper jaw.
- What would the difference be between the left eye tooth and the right eye tooth?
- He smiled a dark smile showing a mouth full of pearl white teeth with a set of elongated eye teeth and canines and held out his hand.
- He drew his mouth back into a sneer, revealing his menacing canine eye teeth.
give one's eye teeth for (or to be)
- Do anything in order to have or be something: many women would give their eye teeth to be married to himMore example sentences
- Two intelligent, independent individuals share their lives and a relationship which many couples would give their eye teeth for.
- Her childhood was one any novelist would give his eye teeth for.
- There are certainly no fillers amongst this lot; even the drum solo number sounds like something most bands would give their eye teeth for.
Definition of eye tooth in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan