- 1Causing the eyes to water: eye-watering Scotch bonnet chilliesMore example sentences
- And any thought of the eye-watering aroma of those French cigarettes evaporated at the cottage's spectacular setting with Loughros Bay on one side, Arranmore Island and Mount Errigal on the other - and Andara, Glenties, Narin and the boiling Atlantic in between.
- They range from eye-watering acidity to honey-soaked late harvest dessert wines.
- Another new product, a gin with an eye-watering alcohol content of 60 %, will go on sale at the start of September.
- 2(Especially of a figure or amount) extremely high or large: an eye-watering 22% rise in business rates eye-watering pre-tax losses of £38.5 millionMore example sentences
- Shares of 10 trusts have now lost an eye-watering 80% and more over the past year.
- The eye-watering pay packets of modern footballers are a regular topic of debate in pubs and offices.
- The total amount of footage now amounts to an eye-watering 400 hours of film.
- [as submodifier]: his eye-wateringly expensive divorce settlementMore example sentences
- They're also eye-wateringly expensive, around $900, which is a little more than a run-of-the-mill MP3 player.
- The policy has been eye-wateringly costly, yet it has not even achieved its one main objective.
- It's expensive, but not as eye-wateringly costly as owning and running your own jet.