- A translucent visor used to protect the eyes from strong light: the stereotype of the forger as the chap with the green eyeshade and specsMore example sentences
- He never wore a patch, as is popularly supposed, but after 1801 he did wear a green eyeshade over his forehead to protect the good eye from glare.
- After finding Hansen in the Harvard library wearing green eyeshades, Turgeon spoke with him for about a half-hour and was convinced to stay with economics and pursue a graduate degree.
- The phrase conjured up the image of a hive of busy accountants in green eyeshades, scouring the tax code for hidden exemptions.
More definitions of eyeshadeDefinition of eyeshade in:
- The US English dictionary