1A person who composes or relates fables.
- Though a self-proclaimed Australian writer, Carey is a fabulist who does not write in any recognizable national tradition.
- One of the many writers Bloom champions is Italo Calvino, the Italian fabulist who died in 1985.
- In any event, as part of Samaniego's preferred verse form, it presents a particular challenge to the translator attempting to capture the Spanish fabulist's peculiar character, whatever the target language.
1.1A liar, especially one who invents elaborately dishonest stories: a born fabulist, with an imagination unfettered by the laws of logic and probability
More example sentences
- It emerged in court that he is a habitual fabulist and liar with a weak grip on reality and a determination to live out some of his fantasies.
- There are fibbers, fabricators and feckless fabulists.
- Bialik finds several reasons why his sloppy sourcing was allowed to go on for so long, and writes that there are four conditions that allow fabulists within journalism to work undetected.
Definition of fabulist in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.