Definition of factorize in English:
(With reference to a number) resolve or be resolvable into factors: [with object]: all matrices can be factorized [no object]: f factorizes completely into linear factors
More example sentences
- In this paper we use the basic Sanderson and Marchini model for transtension where the bulk strain can easily be factorized into pure shear and simple shear components.
- According to Poorter and Nagel, it can be factorized into two components.
- Example sentences
- Following this revelation, perhaps we shouldn't be too hasty to rule out the possibility that there is also a simple algorithm for factorization that has similarly been overlooked.
- In fact al-Farisi's approach is based on the unique factorisation of an integer into powers of prime numbers, and, according to Rashed, he states and attempts to prove this, the so-called fundamental theorem of arithmetic, in this work.
- The integer 6,036, for instance, has the prime factorization 2 x 2 x 3 x 503, and 6 + 0 + 3 + 6 = 2 + 2 + 3 + 5 + 0 + 3.
Definition of factorize in:
- US English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan