- A soft, light-woven fabric having a ribbed texture, originally of silk: [as modifier]: a black faille pinafore [count noun]: they wove a wool failleMore example sentences
- All the designs come in materials ranging from camel hair, grain lambskin, silk crepe, silk faille and flannel to wool and cashmere.
- He used the corset look to great effect, particularly when he paired a white crocodile bustier with a black silk chiffon petal skirt and a rose silk faille bustier with a black silk chiffon lace inset skirt.
- Poult de siue is sometimes called faille taffeta.
mid 16th century (denoting a kind of hood or veil worn by women): from Old French. The current sense dates from the mid 19th century.
More definitions of failleDefinition of faille in:
- The US English dictionary